Saturday, July 08, 2006

40-Love


I have arrived at the conclusion that Laos is a far more technologically advanced country than Singapore where insect control is concerned.

Look what the locals are using! While in a shop, i noticed the shop attendants holding on to this while watching TV. I enquired what it was and she explained that it was a mozzie/fly swatter. Press a button at the side and a tiny current passes through the racket - fries all assorted flying insects to death.

As if on cue, a fly flew in and buzzed about in the shop. The shopkeeper happily demonstrated its use for me. With one graceful stroke (not unlike Federer), she burnt the fly into a crisp! The poor fly fell to the floor and struggled for abit before finally giving up. The shop attendant swept it away nonchalantly. I could smell it too.

Its a wonderful little gadget! Not only do you get rid of the pesky little flies, but you can also practice your tennis strokes at the same time. I have a crazy idea to start an import business for this in Singapore.

Any takers?

No comments: